About the Australasian School-Based Health Alliance (ASBHA)
ASBHA originated in 2018 with like-minded individuals connecting across state and country lines... We realised we had a common vision and could do more, faster, together. We initiated ASBHA with the aims to:
- Raise awareness about the benefits of school based health services;
- Develop an understanding of who is who and who is doing what in Australia, New Zealand, and across the Pacific;
- Develop inter-professional learning networks;
- Promote high-quality clinical practices and standards;
- Develop an evaluation framework and outcome measures; and
- Advocate for greater support and funding
The process of set up has been more in-depth and time-consuming process than any of us could have foretold. We do believe strongly that ASBHA will and can do great things, and so we have persevered and will continue to do so as the real work ahead begins.
ASBHA became an incorporated organisation with ASIC on the 7th of May, 2021. Our website launched in February 2022 and is a critical component of sharing the vision and the work we invite you to be a part of.